Thursday, November 25, 2010

Turkey Pizza



After a meal of tradition fare that was absolutely wonderful, we opted for pizza on Thanksgiving night. I did decide, however, to keep the Thanksgiving theme going and we had, as a result, turkey pizza. To put the pizza together, I first preheated the over to 420 degrees--one the oven reached temperature, I put in (on a pizza stone) a Pillsbury thin crust  pizza dough sprinkled with some herbes de provence. I let this bake for around 5 minutes. While this is baking, I browned a pound of turkey sausage and then sauted in olive oil some green and red bell peppers, a thinly sliced leek, a chopped shallot, thinly sliced mushrooms, along with some fresh chopped rosemary and a bit more herbes de provence. Once everything was ready, I added on the sausage, the vegetables, some turkey pepperoni, and then a variety of finely shaved mozarella, Swiss, and asiago cheeses. Bake until the crust is finished out and the cheese melted and lightly browned. The taste is mild; after a day of  lots of  food, this is a nice alternative.  Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment