Friday, January 28, 2011

Friday Night Challenge 2: Madeira Chicken w/ Sweet Potato Posey

My Friday night Facebook challenge brought some more great ideas for supper. Tonight's five ingredients were: chicken--garlic--shallots--wine--potatoes (regular or sweet). Here's what I came up with as a result:

I took two chicken breasts and pounded them soundly to tenderize them. I then salted and peppered them and put them into olive oil to cook. While the chicken breasts were cooking, I peeled and sliced a medium-sized sweet potato and cubed a small regular potato and put them on to boil. I then diced up a large shallot.

Once the chicken breasts were about 1/2 done, I drained the olive oil from the pan and replaced it with Madeira wine (ahhh the aroma!).  I turned down the heat, covered it, and let it steam and simmer slowly.

Once the potatoes were done, I drained them and let them cool just a bit. I took the regular potato, whipped it, added some garlic powder, salt to taste.  Once done, I formed a flower on the plate and then added the garlic whipped potato as its center.

I added a bit of olive oil to a saute pan and added the shallot along with a bit of garlic powder and let it cook until just lightly browned.

Below is the final product in the "studio" getting its picture taken.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment