Thursday, January 20, 2011

Savory Lobster Filo Stacks

Tonight was "create a recipe" night. I had some filo dough in the fridge along with a packet of lobster. What to do? Perhaps a savory version of the beloved baklava. So, out came the handy chopper. I chopped up some onion, green and red bell pepper. I chopped the lobster meat into small bits. Now to melt the butter (Smart Balance works great and is a great source of vitamin D--so sought after in these winter months) and then start layering the filo. I didn't want the stack to be incredibly high, so I ended up with one level of the chopped onion/pepper mix, one level of lobster, and one of the two items mixed. I also chopped up some spinach and made two layers of it. To this, I sprinkled on some garlic powder, some ancho chile pepper, and some cumin. The final layer consisted of finely shredded cheese (any type will do...pick your favorite). Then a couple of layers of filo dough to finish. I baked this for around 35 minutes on 350. Once it was finished, cut, and plated, I added some homemade guacamole to the top. (A simple processed avocado, onion, and cilantro w/ a dash of salt.)

No comments:

Post a Comment