Friday, February 11, 2011

Friday Night Challenge 4: Bourbon-Infused Walnut Chocolate w/ Whipped Cream

Tonight in honor of the upcoming Valentine's Day, I decided we needed a good dessert challenge. So...out went the call. The ingredients suggested were:
                   chocolate, cool whip, pecans, bourbon, and brown sugar.
I had to make two substitutions: no cool whip, so I used whipped cream; no pecans, so I used walnuts.


I warmed the walnuts tossed in with brown sugar in a 375 oven. While these were heating, I shaved a piece of 70% dark chocolate into crumbs and set aside. I then melted some white chocolate and additional dark chocolate in the oven that was now cooling from the walnuts' previous visit there.


Once everything was melted, I did the following:
--mix the walnuts with the melted white chocolate; infuse with some good bourbon (I used Evan Williams). Put this into the freezer just long enough to set up
--pull from the freezer, form the whipped cream into a heart shape on top of the walnut/chocolate/bourbon layer
--sprinkle the chocolate crumbs to accentuate the heart shape
--take a fork and "sling" some of the melted chocolate around the walnut mixture


                                        Happy Valentine's Day dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment