Saturday, February 19, 2011

Friday Night Challenge 5: Cowboy Pork Chops and Stuffed Red Potatoes

When I received tonight's list, the word "cowboy" popped into my head. Pork chops, tomato sauce, red potatoes, broccoli, and mozzarella cheese were the five ingredients given me. Here's the result:


Keeping with the "cowboy" idea in mind, I created a dry rub of garlic powder, salt, pepper, cumin, chili pepper, and paprika and put it on the chops. I then put them in a slow broiling oven and let them cook.


I cooked the frozen broccoli, and put the red potatoes in the microwave. Once the broccoli was cooked and the potatoes done, I whipped the broccoli, the insides of the potatoes, and the mozzarella cheese and put these into the shells of the red potatoes. I garnished with thin slices of the mozzarella.


Yee-haw! Cowboy pork chops and potatoes!



No comments:

Post a Comment