Sunday, September 26, 2010

Insanely Simple and Good Oatmeal Cookies

I have found a recipe with which I will never part. I was looking for something kind of light dish for tonight's dessert and decided upon cookies. We're fans of oatmeal cookies around here, so I started looking for a recipe. I found one and then, after reviewing it in this blog, found that I barely followed it...oh well, here's what I came up with:
Cream together 2 sticks of butter (I really like KerryGold Irish butter--my guess is if I can find it, you can) and 1 1/2 c. sugar (the more fine the better). Once this is done, you can drop in one egg and 1 t. of vanilla. Then start adding in 1 3/4 c. flour, 1 t. baking soda, and 1 t. baking powder. Once this is done, then mix in 1 1/2 c. instant cooking oatmeal. Spoon these out and and bake for about 13 minutes at 350 degrees. This makes around 3 dozen cookies. They bake down very thinly and brown nicely and lightly around the edges.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment