Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Ease of the Fritata

I do love a good fritata. It's easy to make, has great full taste, and it's versatile enough to make it just about any flavor you want it. I usually  take a quick survey of the fridge contents before deciding the direction of the fritata. For this particular one, I chopped up green pepper, onion, mushrooms, flat leaf parsley, and tomatoes and sauteed them in some olive oil, salt, pepper, about 1 t. thyme and 1 t. marjoram, and a bit of garlic powder. I then added some chopped up fried bacon.  Once all this is softened, I add several slightly beaten eggs in accordance with just how big I was the fritata to be, normally 6-8. Then add some spinach; it will wilt quickly. Once all this is cooked, then I turn on the broiler, added some shredded cheese, and watched it closely until it melted slightly. Easy, filling, and quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment