Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Sometimes a Simple Sandwich is the Best

The other day I was hungry come lunch time; Tom was at work, so my lunch menu was pretty loose. As I walked into the kitchen, I spotted a pretty red tomato and my mind registered bacon and tomato sandwich...I looked into the fridge and found a bit of bacon. Minutes later the bacon was frying in the skillet, the tomato was sliced, the bread was in the toaster, and the mayonnaise was at the ready. As I looked at the ensemble, I decided a fried egg would make it even better. So, after the bacon was finished, I dropped an egg into the skillet with the bacon grease. Once everything was stacked on the bread, I had one more thought...cheese. On went a slice and it melted down just a bit from the heat of the just cooked egg. 
Sometimes, the simplest things taste just right...I know this concoction sure did!


No comments:

Post a Comment