Sunday, September 26, 2010

Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Red Pepper Sauce

I checked with a neat website on http://www.irishabroad.com/culture/kitchen/Recipe.asp?RcpID=207
 for an Irish chicken dish. I found one of Margaret Johnson's sure winners. I made a few alterations, but her idea is great and very tasty.

I halved 2 red peppers, brushed them with some olive oil and placed them under a broiler until they were roasted enough to peel when cooled. Once the skin was removed, I diced them and added them to a small sauce pan with 1/2 c. white wine, 2 T. white vinegar and let this simmer until it was reduced by 1/2. Then I turned down the heat and added a bit of chicken bouillon, 1 t. sugar, and 1c. heavy cream. I let this cook slowly to allow the pepper flavor to be absorbed by the cream.

In the meantime, I took four boneless, skinless chicken breasts and split them lengthwise. I then combined 1/4 c. goat cheese, 1 T. cream cheese, 1 T. lemon juice, some salt, pepper, and 3 T. of chives and basil mixed. I mixed these ingredient up and then added the mixture to the split chicken breast. While I was doing this, I heated some vegetable oil in a skillet and quick seared the chicken breasts with the mixture added to them. I then brushed the chicken breasts with some garlic butter. Into a 375 degree oven they go for about 35 minutes (or until done).


Once everything was done, I plated the chicken breasts and ladled on the pepper sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment