Monday, September 20, 2010

Huevos Estrellados

When we went to visit our friends the Oppenheimers, we had a great breakfast at their house. We had bacon, eggs, and french fries. Never heard of it, but it was GREAT.

The other day, while reading the latest issue of the Wine Spectator I found a recipe for huevos estrellados which had, as its main ingredients, sausage, eggs, and french fries. Had to try this!

I peeled a couple of potatoes and cut them into crinkles. I put them to fry with some olive oil and a bit of salt. While the french fries were cooking, I fried some sausage, then in the grease I fried some green pepper and onion. Finally, I fried some eggs and let the sausage grease soak into them just a bit to add flavor.

Then came the stacking of the french fries, the sausage, and the eggs and all that was left to do was enjoy...we accomplished that as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment