Thursday, August 19, 2010

Aaaahhhhh Peppers!!

Have you noticed lately how cheap bell peppers are in the stores? You can buy some a big as a softball for small change. When my mom calls and casually mentions that she has a bag of bell peppers in her fridge "if I want them" I almost am there at her back door before she hangs up the phone. THESE THINGS ARE GREAT!!

Earlier today I froze several half pint boxes of diced and sliced red and green ones. Since they're local and fresh picked, when I use them later in the season, they'll still retain that great aroma and taste. And anything this easy to freeze, i.e. wash, cut up, throw in freezer box, put into freezer--sign me up!

I always though onions were pretty versatile in cooking, but the 'ol bells never let me down, no matter is it's Mexican, Chinese, Cajun, or whatever happens to land in the pan. And egg dishes...ah, the wonder!

No supper tonight...well, supper, but no cooking...the road beckons. More cooking fun tomorrow night or maybe another place to "research" the tenderloins :).

No comments:

Post a Comment