Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Welcome to My Little Foodie World...

Over the past few years, I've turned into quite a foodie. I always liked it, have a mom who is a magnificent cook, and always cooked for dear husband and son for the past 20+ years. But lately, I've allow myself to just get in there and really ENJOY it--the textures, the aesthetics, the smells--you get it. If you're a foodie already like me, you REALLY get it; if not, you will :). Stick with me and together we'll make some fun things that will knock the socks off your palate. From the simple to the sublime, we'll enjoy every aspect of food...and there will be pictures! What would life be without pictures? What more fun way to play with our food than making it the model?
So...to whet the appetite, so to speak...let's start with today's lunch...antipasti. You say antipasto, I say antipasti...let's NEVER call the whole thing off...LOL. Antipasto is the singular; antipasti is the plural--end of grammar lesson. And, although the word is Italian, antipasto/pasti can take on any of your favorite flavors. Its meaning is "before the meal"...it's a great light lunch also. Which is exactly what I prepared quickly and simply today. I stared into the refrigerator and found a green bell pepper, some kalamata olives, some cracked green olives, some pesto, some crumbled feta cheese, banana pepper slices, a slice of provolone cheese, and, from the window sill, a tomato. Simply cut the tomato into wedges, sprinkle some feta on it and a bit of good olive oil; slice the bell pepper, let the slice of provolone warm up to room temperature, and drop the other items on the plate as well. A bit of your favorite water, tea, etc., and you're set. I added a few Triscuit parmesan garlic crackers and lunch is served :). Enjoy!


**Remember that olives will keep for a long time in the fridge, so the initial investment will pay off for months to come. And they're healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment