Saturday, August 28, 2010

Cheers to Jen! Welcome to the Community of Cooks

Today I celebrate, with other various friends and family, a wedding shower for my great-nephew's fiancee, Jen, a lovely young lady with some of the most beautiful red hair you'll ever witness. Added to this, her personality is the type that welcomes you into any conversation and picks up that conversation the next time you meet again...that's a good kind of person to be. So I thought Jen should be the focus of the food blog today.

When I received the invitation to the shower, there was a recipe card included. Mom also received one and immediately decided that the recipe for the Reese Cup pie would be her contribution. I know this will be greatly appreciated by Josh and Jen alike, since the Reese Cup pie is the star of the Christmas Eve buffet every year. 
After some thought, I wrote in the address of this blog on the recipe card. My first instantaneous response to this was that I was being somewhat narcissistic. It kind of rang of the flavor of a spouse putting a ribbon on his/her head and saying, "ta daaaa!" when wishing the other spouse happy birthday, anniversary, Merry Christmas, etc. Certainly not the impression I was hoping to achieve.
My true intent of this motivation is to welcome Jen into the wonderful community of cooks. A good place to be. As this blog continues and picks up steam, I'm hoping more cooks will follow and then, in turn, share their thoughts, recipes, or their own blogs to widen the circle. From that Jen will be privy to an array of people who truly love cooking, food, and the whole human element of what food represents.
So, cheers to Jen; cheers to all the lovely cooks out there...what a wonderful world. Come join the blog, share your ideas, and allow us to learn from one another.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Tina.. This is truly a wonderful idea and I think one that will be used often. I am honored to be the topic for today!!
    Love you!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete